project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Coop & Singleplayer
01 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Coop & Singleplayer Suggestions and feedback pertaining to Project Reality Single Player.

Old 2010-02-20, 20:46   #1
born2snipe
Default PRSP Area Attacks

How do you call in an area attack? Can you in single player?
born2snipe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 23:20   #2
3===SPECTER===3
Default Re: PRSP Area Attacks

Unless your online with a human commander then no. Im pretty sure the 1.5 patch for BF2 broke the commander for singleplayer. even in vanilla if you request artillery you get denied everytime. if your someone who mods their PR_SP like a few other members then I have a small solution. But if you don't know how to mod then forget it.
3===SPECTER===3 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 00:35   #3
born2snipe

Well that sucks. I haven't even tried calling artillery in BF2 since I started playing PR. And no I don't do moding. Don't have the time or the know how. Thanks anyways.
Old 2010-02-21, 00:53   #4
Spinkyone

Was removed for gameplay reasons I believe. If you play BF2 and go to a place the bots can't get to such as up a ladder you'd normally get arty called in on you as part of the AI commanders behaviour, this gets kinda annoying when it's replaced by a JDAM.
Spinkyone is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 08:22   #5
ballard_44
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3===SPECTER===3 View Post
Im pretty sure the 1.5 patch for BF2 broke the commander for singleplayer
This is correct.

ballard_44 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 10:47   #6
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinkyone View Post
Was removed for gameplay reasons I believe. If you play BF2 and go to a place the bots can't get to such as up a ladder you'd normally get arty called in on you as part of the AI commanders behaviour, this gets kinda annoying when it's replaced by a JDAM.
No, it got fubar'd by 1.5 patch, if anything we'd increase arty being dropped on players in to AI inaccessible areas, if we could, just because we're that evil.

Also you can't go CO and drop the area attack yourself, because SP and MP share the command screen.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 23:49   #7
born2snipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinkyone View Post
this gets kinda annoying when it's replaced by a JDAM.
I think that would be hilarious. I would laugh. Plus the AI would probably be taking out more of their own guys. They already do that with aircraft bombs.

Tags
area, attacks, prsp