project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2010-02-22, 08:39   #1
Trooper909
Default What do you think of clans?

Im talking how thay play wise.
I mean do you allways see them doing somthing good for the team like using APC's properly as in the PC part of APC stuff like that that the average player rarely does etc?

Do you see them taking all the best assets and spam chat that the rest of the team are noobs etc?

have you ever seen a clan with an unlocked squad?

these are example questions.
just write what you think clans are like weather your in one or not.rather posts from the clanless among us.

no lists of clans you do or dont like plz.just state what you think thay bring to any given public match good or bad and what you think of pr clans in general.
Trooper909 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 08:45   #2
dtacs
Supporting Member

Default Re: What do you think of clans?

It depends really.

Alot of clans are part of such a small community that there are not really any defined borders. However you get the occasional group which seems to be made of 100% dickheads without a single good dude amongst them.

Sometimes they ruin the team, sometimes they lead it to victory. All depends on which clan it is.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 08:55   #3
Marku

ive seen a few clans that can act arrogant/rude to other players.
Marku is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 09:01   #4
AgentMongoose

There are good and bad. Always will be.
Also pr.cata and pr.NATO aren't clans but the prt teams. And they/we tend to lock our squads so we can play with our tourny mates.
AgentMongoose is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 11:59   #5
Sir.Grossi
Supporting Member

As mentioned, lot's of pros and cons

Pros;
Organised structured approach to play
Dedicated Servers, forums and Voice Programs
Take part in organised scrims and matches
Training
Tactics
Teamwork
Fun
Support

Cons
Payment of subs/contribution for server upkeep
Demands on time for clan events
Minimum age restricitions (could also be a pro )
Discipline

It does depend on the particular clan as to how these issues factor one way or the other.
We have a STRICT unlocked squad policy on our servers, (how the hell do you get
to know people if you shut them out). Although Friday nights we try and keep
all clan mates on the same side! We don't claim to be the best clan, but we do have
a lot fun organising and playing in scrims.

[RIP]Sir.Grossi
PR GC
www.rustyinplaces.org
Sir.Grossi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 12:07   #6
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

Well I support Reality Teamwork instead, people there know me, and I have alot of 'mates' to play with.
I voluntarily donate to help out, but I prefer a 'community' system, and where the PR community is relatively small (especially if you think in ping/time zone terms) if you play regularly on servers you will be known, just donate to help out the server!!

To respond to OP some clans are 'the best' the elite and have a few complete idiots, others seem like pleasant guys.

I don't really have the time to invest into a clan, work, kids and wife stuff....
Last edited by PLODDITHANLEY; 2010-02-22 at 12:13..
Old 2010-02-22, 12:22   #7
LudacrisKill

I don't know why people complain too much about locked clan squads...

Just join a clan...

Or if they have room in the sqd... just ask if you can join. I usually kick 'blue guys' from the squad but let people in that ask for invite as I know they will be committed.

Its not the clans fault if they kick you from a squad... Public players are usually made up of 80% idiots. What can you expect.

I wouldn't enjoy PR even half as much if I didn't play with my clan mates and friends. I recommend that everyone tries to fit into a clan. If PR was full of clans and few 'blue guys' then there would be a lot more teamwork and less stupidity.
LudacrisKill is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 13:50   #8
Thermis
Retired PR Developer

I love my clan, if I didn't I would probably not spend the time and effort to keep it around.

When we play, or at least whenever I am there. We try to do things with the team in mind. We normally don't do Armor or APC work unless its on a big tank map. I like to go to the next non-capable obj for the enemy and keep them busy while our team catches up. Sometimes that works wonderfully sometimes we get raped because our team doesn't catch up in time. Other times we will sit and defend objs because in a public server you will rarely see anyone staying to defend what you just capture. Most people will just charge onto the next flag, this is my experience at least.

I have had experiences with other clans that think they are the end all be all of everything. They think they piss gold and sun shines from their behind. I dislike clans like that, and often find them to be incompetent and short lived. Now I will be the first to admit that most people in my clan have a fairly elitist mentality, but we try to keep that to ourselves.
Thermis is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 13:57   #9
Regan

LudacrisKill - You say: "Public players are usually made up of 80% idiots." Well, can I point out that I have had better games with public players then I have with clan members! Alot of public players are more mature because you will find they have other commitments - Like one poster said: "work, wife, etc." So don't try to make out that that it's only the public players who are idiots because it's just not true.
Regan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 14:00   #10
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

Ladacris, I concur i play with a group of mates all clanless we are all competant teamwork based players, but I guess as we all have commitments - kids mainly clans don't work for us....Maybe we're the 20% huh?
PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
clans