project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
21 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2010-06-19, 14:45   #1
dunem666
Default [Map] UN Training Park (4km) [WIP]

Video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq-zQlSGKKA

*SCREENSHOTS*
Site Amenities...

Target Range

Target Range 2
Assault Course (WIP)
Heli Training
Jet Training (I like the Woodland A10)
Jet Training 2
Jet Training 3

Hello PR community, I have been working on a 4km training map since Baghdad. With a full library of vehicles and scenarios to enable the best of training for your clans and events. I hereby submit my work into the PR community of which training events can be held in near future or have the possibility of being a potential Official Training map for Project Reality.

Name : UN Training Park
Size : 4km
Factions : GB vs US
Terrain : Lake District, England (Geomap Immitation)
Mud, Gravel, Grass Swamp, Valleys
Stormy Grizzly Weather with realistic view distance.
Layer : AAS
Texture Suffix : Woodland
75% Completed - Estimated Final (July 2010)

So far the map contains...

Training Camp - Half a kilometre squared of mainbase. Either team can spawn here to access the Enclosed Shooting gallery and rifle range training areas.
2 Runways with full library of jets. Full ibrary of light vehicles.

Armor Range - 2km of swamp and tough terrain for vehicle warfare, long view distance to train on long distance warfare.

Bomb Arena - A series of random buildings and targets for Lazer Target Training, Manual Strafe training, Attack Heli Targeting.

"Da Ville"
- A small village designed for close quarter combat. Teams will spawn on opposite ends allowing for small squad face off training.

Demolition Training - Learn about damage distance from certain explosives here, C4, Artillery IED, IED, Mines etc.

Airspace - Lots of Airspace here, 4km for just flight training and dogfighting.

Tooltip Billboards
- All road signs and billboards will be re textured with tooltips for noobs and information about "how to get best of training"

Even though this map does not have the PR map standards, this is solely for training and could be implemented for clan training and even training events.

Regards
Last edited by dunem666; 2010-06-23 at 17:16.. Reason: added screens
Old 2010-06-19, 15:05   #2
Royal Marine StaffSgt Joe
Banned
Default Re: [Map] UN Training Park

minimap and screens ?
Royal Marine StaffSgt Joe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-19, 15:17   #3
dunem666

yeah doing them tonight will have screens tommorow
dunem666 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-19, 15:22   #4
Infantry1242

This might just turn into a Red Orchestra map called Coretraining,people will kill each other before they can ever train.
Infantry1242 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-21, 00:00   #5
Snazz
Supporting Member

To prevent fighting in training areas you could only allow the blufor team to spawn in them, whilst the opfor team can only spawn in the village/infantry skirmish area and can't escape from it.

Preventing aircraft from just raping the village/infantry skirmish area is a separate challenge, I can't imagine any dome of death big enough for it that wouldn't seriously disrupt aircraft training at the same time. Having a tunnel/cave/bunker system for the opfor to spawn in and/or fight inside is probably the best solution for that.

Hopefully you can set it up in a way that provides training without vBF2 style warfare or rape, there is a lot of merit in the training mode and I'd like to see it return. Coop only compliments it, it doesn't replace it. A lot of the reasons given for removing training mode are questionable, especially considering that it could of been easily tweaked to resolve a lot of the concerns.

Kashan would of been more training-orientated if the Opfor team didn't have AA tanks and could only spawn and operate in the bunkers, the less you give the Opfor team the less likely they're going to fight. That doesn't address the infantry skirmish aspect but Kashan wasn't suited for infantry in the first place.
Snazz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-21, 00:32   #6
dunem666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazz View Post
To prevent fighting in training areas you could only allow the blufor team to spawn in them, whilst the opfor team can only spawn in the village/infantry skirmish area and can't escape from it.
The map will have its own Object_client.zip which will be mounted with client/server archives.con containing the nessesary kits so people who spawn in communal areas have no gun only a limited civilian kit.
Old 2010-06-21, 00:49   #7
Snazz
Supporting Member

Ah nice, didn't even know that was possible.

What about preventing air/armor rape of the infantry skirmish area?

Another option perhaps could be to use an invisible shield, kind of like the ones used to protect the Essex from AA missles.
Snazz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-21, 09:16   #8
Amok@ndy
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

there are some nice collision meshes used on the carriers

Amok@ndy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 09:06   #9
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

And what about sniper training range? Lets say you lie on hilltop, facing the corner of the map, which is about 800 - 1000 metres away. There is an area with a 45° view angle. there is plenty of objects inside this area, and you are trying to find some camuflaged targets hided iside this area and hit them with sniper rifle. I would maybe add some hit marker to sniper rifles to let you know when you hit the target.

lucky.BOY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 12:01   #10
dunem666

lol, there has been some great responses. I think its best for people to wait until i have finished it then ALL questions shall be answered

Trust me ive covered all aspects of "what if" and the map will be training friendly.

Tags
4km, map, park, training, wip