project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
19 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2010-07-22, 14:01   #1
myles
Default Last cache Insurgency suggestion

Im suggeting a more realistic approch when it comes to destroying the last cache.When its the last cache i alot of times i see people rushing armour to the cache wihtout any care as evryone is like "its the last cache who cares" and if infantary see the cache in a room(with a lot of infantary) they will try and just run in drop incedriy down. So im suggesting that when the last cache has been taken the team has to all fall back to the main base. It would make it more tactical as people would rely on assets to evac infantary back to main away from the cache. From this time the main will be blokced from spawining in so people dont just sucide back to main. The only spawn points open at this time are Rally points and Fobs.90% of players have to make it back to main.
Last edited by myles; 2010-07-22 at 14:47..
Old 2010-07-22, 14:40   #2
alberto_di_gio
Default Re: Last cache Insurgency suggestion

Edit: Apology. Got the suggestion wrong.
Last edited by alberto_di_gio; 2010-07-22 at 18:48..
Old 2010-07-22, 14:41   #3
myles

Quote:
Originally Posted by alberto_di_gio View Post
That would leave team completely without vehicles and no matter because of what it will slow down the BLUFOR attacks. As far as I see since .917 most of the action and thriller takes place in last cache period. So I guess current system is not that bad.
Sorry explain how it would leave Blufor completley without vechicles?
myles is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 14:44   #4
maarit
Supporting Member

so when 31 players are in mainbase and just one lonewolf rambo is in field still,so will be there rescueoperation?
i kind like this but sounds little hardcoded.
maarit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 14:47   #5
myles

Quote:
Originally Posted by maarit View Post
so when 31 players are in mainbase and just one lonewolf rambo is in field still,so will be there rescueoperation?
i kind like this but sounds little hardcoded.
I forgot to put it in but ill edit it now i was going to say if like 90% of players have to make it back to main. might be hardocded
Old 2010-07-22, 14:49   #6
dtacs
Supporting Member

You've been here awhile, when making suggestions try to divide it up into reasons for and against, and at least give a nutshell for those with little time or those who just CBF reading a whole post.

So if I've got this right: Once the final cache has been destroyed, everybody returns to main. Why? In a realistic combat situation, no military is going to pull out of the area they have just taken. They would reinforce it, bring in supplies, ensure security against counter attack, and specifically for insurgency, organize the civilian populace.

But unfortunately that isn't really possible unless the BLUFOR are required to 'build FOBs around the map in certain places, within a time limit or something.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 15:02   #7
myles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post

So if I've got this right: Once the final cache has been destroyed, everybody returns to main. Why? In a realistic combat situation, no military is going to pull out of the area they have just taken.
Well in insurgency you dont really capture points at all so i dont see why they would want to stay there.

Also there is no rule on layout on a thread
Old 2010-07-22, 15:13   #8
Looy

Nah, the last cache is fine with everyone suicide charging it. Makes a nice change of pace for both sides.
Looy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 15:19   #9
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looy View Post
Nah, the last cache is fine with everyone suicide charging it. Makes a nice change of pace for both sides.
i don't really have an opinion on the suggestion, but "suicide charges" are not exactly the type of gameplay PR wants to promote.

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 15:19   #10
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myles View Post
Well in insurgency you dont really capture points at all so i dont see why they would want to stay there.

Also there is no rule on layout on a thread
But its a simulation of the BLUFOR taking the city by destroying the Insurgent group holding it, right? Well thats what I thought it was.

I'm not saying there are rules, but a decent layout is a bit better than a paragraph with little effort put into punctuation, makes it easier to read.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
cache, insurgency, suggestion