project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
19 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2010-07-25, 02:53   #1
Vision_16

Default Explosions

I searched and didn't find anything about this.

I was watching explosions of real vehicles and the such and was thinking about how explosions could be a little better quality in PR. I don't know if this is a issue about lag or anything about high quality big explosions but here it goes.

Here's a real plane explosion: (Sorry for the ad if it shows)

YouTube - Deadly Plane Explosion on Tape

Here's a PR helicopter explosion:

YouTube - How to Pilot effectively - PROJECT REALITY

Sorry if resuggestion, just say "Resuggestion" and lock if it is, please don't make a big deal about it like (OMGZ resuggestion!resuggestion! b@n h1m!)
Vision_16 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 03:12   #2
Infantry1242

Default Re: Explosions

I would love it so now that i got X-Fire i can record massive battles,but back on topic,i can agree the explosion is weak,and i needs to be upped up.
Infantry1242 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 03:23   #3
Thermis
Retired PR Developer

So can you elaborate on what you are suggesting exactly. Two videos aren't enough for a suggestion, spell out what you think we should do to make explosions better.

Believe it or not we are not stupid and understand what real life explosions look like already, and have done out best to emulate them in PR.
Thermis is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 03:50   #4
Mariospeedwagen

I think explosions look damn good at the moment, especially with video settings cranked up. Anything more I think would be excessive.
Mariospeedwagen is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 04:39   #5
sniperrocks

Major difference is the magnitude, size of "fireball" and the real one has a lot more smoke
Is it possible to do on bf2 engine?
If so, that would be pretty cool
sniperrocks is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 11:03   #6
Hitperson
Retired PR Developer

IRL explosions are less fireball and more dust.

you are referencing an aircraft explosion which naturally has allot of flame in it.

Harrod200:"Fire.exe has committed an illegal operation and has been shut down"
Raniak : "Warning: May crash if fired upon."
M4sherman: "like peter pan but with tanks"
[R-MOD]Eddiereyes909 (on sim tower) "It truly was the game of my childhood and has led to me getting my degree in industrial engineering."
Hitperson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 12:23   #7
Looy

The size of explosions caused by cars etc should be greatly reduced too.
Looy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 13:42   #8
Vision_16

I'm saying possibly explosions that involve fuel, i.e, planes and helicopters, could be upped so that they involve a fireball due to the fuel and large black smoke plumes from the fire. Also, this is kind of another suggestion, but is there any way so that helicopters don't explode on contact with the ground? Because as long as the pilot at least has one percent of control when crashing, the helicopter will just smash the ground, possibly spin, and the rotors will fly off. Most helicopter crashes from a relatively low altitude I think would not explode, merely smash the ground and demolish the helicopter.
Vision_16 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 14:12   #9
Spec
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

You can't have two destruction effects though, as far as I know. Either it explodes, or it stays intact, sadly.

That's especially annoying with cars, it's one of the worse problems with PR that cars have to blow up when shot at instead of just stopping to work. But ya... Either it breaks and everyone in it dies (which, i guess, would look strange without explosion effect), or it doesn't break at all.

--- currently reduced activity ---
Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature!
Old 2010-07-25, 14:24   #10
Amir
Banned

I think the DEV's aren't stupid though, ofcourse they know the explosios aren't that good and if it woud be possible they would have already done ( I think ). And I think it is a bit difficult too.
Amir is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
explosions