project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
16 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2010-07-27, 02:18   #1
Jorgee!
Default Cant build fob on mountains, muttrah city.....

Hi guys, im wondering why is that... i've been playing on the muttrah 24/7 server and been able to build, but we got a new installation for PR Argentina Community and i can't build FOB being MEC on mountains, without North City capped.......

I noticed that we cant build near docks without South CIty capped, but we had it, and Central too, and it says "Try a better place".....

Why is that, and can't i see a thread about changes on maps in all the PR Dev Forums?

THanks a lot
Jorgee! is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 02:27   #2
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Cant build fob on mountains, muttrah city.....

Hi mate, the message is telling you that the specific location you chose for a FB isn't good, try somewhere more level or somewhere the FB can perch.

FBs are not linked to flags

Quote:
Why is that, and can't i see a thread about changes on maps in all the PR Dev Forums?
information shall be released as and when it is ready and required

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 02:39   #3
Jorgee!

Well, rhino posted in his blog about muttrah, the new balance of flags, and that a fob cant be built mec side on docks if mec doesnt have south city capped, for preventing docks being rushed.....

The message, isn't the normal "Try to set firebase... waits 2-3 seconds, then gets the Try another location".......

At the same second you press Deploy Outpost button, you get the message......., you cant build even in the plain sector of mountains, i think its A2 near the road.....

Info should be release at the moment of change, not when it is required, so you will not get threads like this.

Thank you
Old 2010-07-27, 10:36   #4
soldierman54321

is there any tutorials on all the features i only know how to move a shoot !
soldierman54321 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 10:46   #5
Oskar

To soldierman: There is a manual, and numerous different player guides in the Tactics and Strategies part of the forum.

Manual: https://www.realitymod.com/manual/pr_manual.pdf

Tactics and guides: PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies - Project Reality Forums
Oskar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 12:59   #6
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Well, rhino posted in his blog about muttrah, the new balance of flags, and that a fob cant be built mec side on docks if mec doesnt have south city capped, for preventing docks being rushed.....
what he means is that the logistic trucks only spawn when you have south city, this gives the americans a couple of minutes extra to get to the shore before MEC put up TOWs etc to destroy them in the first 5 mins.

Old 2010-07-27, 18:31   #7
Jorgee!

Well thank you for making that clear.......

YOu have any info about the mountains thing?

Was really anoying, because i can build the same FOB in Muttrah 24/7 server....
Old 2010-07-27, 18:33   #8
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

if you are doing the exact same thing on each server I can only imagine that muttrah 24/7 hasn't installed the latest server updates correctly, thus wont let you build anywhere near the edge of the map. I'd ask on their forums

Old 2010-07-27, 18:45   #9
Farks

You can't build where the terrain is sloping too much, which may be the source of your problem since you're saying it's in the mountains. Try to find the flatest spot possible.
Farks is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 21:36   #10
Jorgee!

strange, because Muttrah 24/7 has the assets and flags as we have..... could rhino explain it better, since he's the map creator?

Tags
build, city, fob, mountains, muttrah