project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2006-08-18, 03:23   #1
Dylan

Default [Map] Yunasaka Island [scrapped]

Well, I am underway creating a new map. Yunasaka Island is kind of a lame name, but since its based off the real life island, I thought w/e.

I spent a few hours on it, but havnt gotten very far. Heres a screenie of what it looks like ATM.

Dylan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 03:25   #2
Randleman5102

Is this a map where you start out in ships or something and attack towards the land, and move in deeper and deeper. Anyways looks promising so far. (I can think of so many things to do with what you havent done yet )
Randleman5102 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 05:44   #3
Dylan

I think I might just make a tiny island for boats for the US to spawn far away, or possibly create a US spawn at the beach post.

Ehh, btw I need an opinion on wether or not to remove the island from the lake thing. . When I made it, I noticed it was WAY to big. I took the initiative and instead of wasting time resizing it, made an island in the middle. :/, plus it makes for a good base.

Pictures:

Dylan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 06:40   #4
IronTaxi
Retired PR Developer

Lightbulb

make a big lake lagoon in the middel sans isalnd and have two small towns on either side...and maybe open the lagoon up to the ocean a bit...then layout the attack order so that the lake is smack dab in the middle of the progression..

also have both sides starting on boats would be really cool...like the idea dylan get to it man or ill make it myself..lots of grass.. low buildings..the lagoon could bea semi developed port...

looks sweet... make sure the island is low id say..access from almost anywhere would be fun for boat flanking...maybe one high hill or ridge...small volcano or something (old and extinct?)

Last edited by IronTaxi; 2006-08-18 at 06:46..
Old 2006-08-18, 07:32   #5
.:iGi:. Greg

looks a good concept, like the idea of both teams having to get on the island first off.

Also the mountains in the 2nd pic in your original post look awesome and I wasn't aware they did graphics like that it BF2.
.:iGi:. Greg is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 15:26   #6
Griffon2-6

Did you use the platform tool for most of that?
Griffon2-6 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 15:27   #7
=NAA=Spaztik_Ferret

Looks like he did the whole thing with platform. That is about as far as I can get with my maps though. I get the terrain shaped but don't know what to do next or how. Good luck!!
=NAA=Spaztik_Ferret is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 16:36   #8
Happy
Retired PR Developer

The island (in the lake) is maybe too big. (More island than lake)

Proud Killer of 38 Spambots.

After much intense calculation, it has been decided that your thread is already in the forum that you wish to move it to. Deep Thought should be jealous. - Moderator Control Panel
Last edited by Happy; 2006-08-18 at 17:18..
Old 2006-08-18, 17:06   #9
duckhunt
Retired PR Developer

Is your sig done with terragen?
If so or if not get it, and use that to do your terrain, the results will be SO much better and it will save you time using the terrain editor in bf2 as no matter how long you spend on it it will never look totally real, but terragen can make realistic terrain of any shape in seconds. Good luck and stay with it!
duckhunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-19, 02:27   #10
Dylan

---Yes my sig is done with Terragen. It is a pretty awsome program. I have a lot of fun just making weird unrealistic junk. Too bad I dont know how to use it to save time with mapping. For now, I am old fashion.

---My layout is done with the platform tool. It did wonders to save time, but needed smoothing which was done quickly after.

Thanks for all the positive feedback. For my second map, and first serious project, I can say I learned a lot. I encourage everyone to try the editor.

Screenshot update---

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/2...5592296ie4.png

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/5...5595745zr2.png

Good suggestions IronTaxi, I may try to do that if I have room to place maybe 2 small islands on the outskirts of the island. Boats will be in the map though, dont you worry. Its been a hell of a lot of fun getting out of my way to do this. Once you learn what to do, its pretty fun.
Last edited by Dylan; 2006-08-19 at 02:33..

Tags
island, map, scrapped, wip, yunasaka