project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Old 2011-01-06, 20:54   #1
hobbnob
Post [AAR] A pilot's round of Muttrah

Date: 06/01/11
Server= HOG 24/7 Muttrah

Report follows:

Joined the round, had about 3 people on each team. I made an air trans squad to get things going.
After a couple of minutes the two man clan squad and the lone wolf squad merged to form one infantry squad, and they invited me in to help with commuication.
Got a few compliments from the SL on flying, which wasn't really difficult as I was only doing trans and suppruns, and I never got locked by AA. I almost died once as I was going to extract the lads and I pinballed off a couple of buildings, forcing me back to the carrier as a shaking, exploding mess.

After about half an hour of closely supporting this infantry squad I was invited to the newly formed cobra squad, and since I'd just lost a match against a shipping container I decided I'd have my first go of gunning on multiplayer.

The pilot had reasonable flying skills, and we only crashed once about an hour after starting, so we had a very good session. At first I was a bit worried I wouldn't be able to do anything since he was constantly doing hydra runs and not hovering to let me engage when I told him to, but after a few minutes we started working as a team, with a pretty good spotter as well.

We had about 5 enemy contacts by the docks, 2 of which were sly gits trying to get to the cranes and set up AA positions, the others being vehicular targets (2 of those flat APC things and one truck)

We also had a squad (possible fob) digging in at an apartment block, which we pounded with both the 30mil and a few hellfires, getting 4 confirmed kills (we checked for bodies).

As well as this we had two contacts on the crane at the construction site, which we were unable to engage with hellfires, so they got a lot of cannon fire instead.

Reading the score screen I eventually got 24 kills on that position, however I also killed 3 friendlies, one of which was our own spotter (we made sure to call visual contacts as well after that)
hobbnob is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 03:50   #2
Punkbuster

Default Re: [AAR]A pilot's round of Muttrah

Nice!
If you liked it, I am a good pilot but I lack friends who actually love flying, So you can PM and I can fly with you sometime!
I have like 150 friends on my xfire list and non of them likes flying or gunning.
Anyway, I want to give you a tip, Even if your pilot is doing strafes, You can still be effective, Especially with the new hellfire aiming system where you have to click for the missile to change heading...
So where ever you see your pilot shooting... shoo a hell fire then switch to the gun and shot even if you see nothing but smoke... There might be very damaged APCs or Jeeps in the smoke and you will kill them.

Cheers,
Punkbuster
Punkbuster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 16:06   #3
hobbnob

Yeah punkbuster that'd be good, I don't use Xfire much because the UI confuses me :P but I'm on 1900-2100GMT (2100-2300 IST) and usually on either muttrah server or the UKWF flight training server if it's online
hobbnob is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 19:06   #4
Punkbuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbnob View Post
Yeah punkbuster that'd be good, I don't use Xfire much because the UI confuses me :P but I'm on 1900-2100GMT (2100-2300 IST) and usually on either muttrah server or the UKWF flight training server if it's online
I am usually on PRTA... I have high ping in the Muttrah city server... 300+
Punkbuster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 23:22   #5
LanceVanceDance
Default Re: [AAR] A pilot's round of Muttrah

I think the flat tracked APCs are called MTLBs
LanceVanceDance is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 17:17   #6
saXoni
Supporting Member
Default Re: [AAR] A pilot's round of Muttrah

Quote: