project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:ARMA3 Support > PR:ARMA2 Support Forum Archive
05 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:ARMA2 Support Forum Archive Archived posts from PR:ARMA2 Support Forum

Old 2011-04-14, 21:16   #1
BlueWoofy
Post Arma2 Weapons Aim Accuracy Fix

Hello,

Recently I have been endlessly searching for a weapon aim fix so that there is no
deviation whatsoever. I am looking for a simple & easy aim & shoot weapon accuracy
fix overriding any mod or settings that I have been searching endlessly for.

this would be located In a settings config file somewhere that can be edited by me so that my son and I can have fun playing together without PRO Gamer trade off filter effects.

such as stated here: ArmA 2 PC Review | Returning Gamer
__________________________________________________ ____________________
I Quote:
Aiming in ArmA 2 is a downright chore, with the mouse feeling depressingly sluggish even when I ramped the sensitivity up to maximum. The developers claimed the unresponsive aiming was part of the game's strive toward authenticity. This seems a dubious excuse to me. If authenticity is what BI want, surely pointing my weapon in the right direction shouldn't be a problem when I am supposed to be an expertly trained marksman. In my opinion, BI have become so concerned with the complexities of their game that they have failed to notice some very simple logical flaws in their own design.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

On that note I am using several mods & trying not to go on a wild goose chase editing/comparing each individual mod (or) go into full out cheat mode to solve one problem
that causes several others.

I am speaking about a single player / lan - *play it how you want to* game for a
frustrated early teen / parent so ((any non helping semantic replies)) would be very
much appreciated.

I do understand this is not the official Bohemia Forums and simply asking here by chance
that an expert who knows ARMA2 retail (not OA or CO) might share..

If someone can help I would very much appreciate it.

Thank You.
Last edited by BlueWoofy; 2011-04-19 at 23:26..
Old 2011-04-16, 06:21   #2
bearking19

Default Re: Arma2 Weapons Aim Accuracy Fix

In the settings, pull mouse smoothing all the way down to zero. It makes the mouse movement less sluggish and more reactive, something like black ops if you ask me. Makes shooting and leading targets much easier. Enjoy !
Old 2011-04-16, 17:27   #3
LithiumFox

You should also turn down aiming deadzone if you don't like freeaim.

but turning Mouse Smoothing down to 0 like bearking said fixes EVERYTHING. O_O YOU HAVE NO NEED FOR MODS.

On top of that, make sure that youre aiming right, because unlike BF2 and COD, this actually has realistic ballistics model. (i believe with ACE it even has Wind adjustment.. >_> )
Old 2011-04-19, 23:18   #4
BlueWoofy
Smile Re: Arma2 Weapons Aim Accuracy Fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithiumFox View Post
You should also turn down aiming deadzone if you don't like freeaim.
done!

Quote:
but turning Mouse Smoothing down to 0 like bearking said fixes EVERYTHING.
done and done

Quote:
YOU HAVE NO NEED FOR MODS.
wuchu talkin bout willis? I love all the improved visual sounds/effects..
but yes, I will disable a few others just in case they are conflicting with aim.

Quote:
On top of that, make sure that youre aiming right, because unlike BF2 and COD, this actually has realistic ballistics model. (i believe with ACE it even has Wind adjustment.. >_> )
yes I like drop off that ads more realism

my son does not deal with losing/being killed very well and not being able to hit the
broad side of a barn wasn't helping things. so I wanted something to help
adjust his learning curve and give him some edge

He is much more happy with these settings and I thank you gentlemen.

problem solved.
Old 2011-04-21, 15:18   #5
LithiumFox

You know i meant mods that affect aiming like you were wanting right?
Old 2011-05-02, 20:20   #6
sidhellfire

This is funny, how the aiming deadzone is interpreted as "sluggishness". As an option, this allows you to apply aim corrections whilst laying on the ground in bushes, without the need to twist whole body. Movement may destroy players concealment, and minimizing it is quite worth maintaining, but I understand, that may feel wrong, especially in fast-paced CQB scenarios. Since without a crosshair it makes accurate shooting from hip impossible.
I realize that the more confusing is fact, that no game before introduces this mechanism this way. I bet the one, used in i.e. Red Orchestra would be easier to get used to.

I agree, that mouse smoothing may be annoying though. Also, it's worth noticing, that weapons in ACE (maybe also in vanilla Arma2) have weight, so heavy guns have impact on agility.
Old 2011-05-05, 15:45   #7
LithiumFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhellfire View Post
This is funny, how the aiming deadzone is interpreted as "sluggishness". As an option, this allows you to apply aim corrections whilst laying on the ground in bushes, without the need to twist whole body. Movement may destroy players concealment, and minimizing it is quite worth maintaining, but I understand, that may feel wrong, especially in fast-paced CQB scenarios. Since without a crosshair it makes accurate shooting from hip impossible.
I realize that the more confusing is fact, that no game before introduces this mechanism this way. I bet the one, used in i.e. Red Orchestra would be easier to get used to.

I agree, that mouse smoothing may be annoying though. Also, it's worth noticing, that weapons in ACE (maybe also in vanilla Arma2) have weight, so heavy guns have impact on agility.
Actually the deadzone is usually blamed, but not actually the problem. I run with aiming deadzone on for the exact reason you just stated.

But yeah, mouse smoothing is actually the issue here.

(i'm still going to argue my point on the shaders thing though. If it makes you happen, i re-wrote the thread to not act like it's an FPS issue, but that it's more for personal taste and if heavy motion blur makes you sick. (like i stated it does to me))

Tags
accuracy, aim, arma2, fix, weapons