project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs > Rhino
05 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Rate this Entry
The Return of the Dummies!
Posted in: Modeling
Posted 2011-12-30 at 12:52 by [R-DEV]Rhino

Well, just one for now. I present the FAB-250 High Explosive Dumb Bomb!

[CENTER][IMG]http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/3564/26241909.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

This new dumb bomb is 1/2 the size of our current 500 pound Laser Guided Bombs in the mod and as such, dose 1/2 as much damage. Also since its also a dumb bomb, its going to be all up to the pilot to get this baby on target as there is no guidance system to help it.

This bomb took me under 1hr to model, including all the LODs and cols and was textured by [R-DEV]Spush, with the testing and code tweaking done by [R-CON]Jafar Ironclad.

Not a very big update but thought you guys might like it all the same as its going to give a new twist to some jets in the future ;)

[CENTER][IMG]http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/1590/90439128.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Cheers! :D
Views: 39197 | Comments: 13

« Previous Entry  |  Main  |  Next Entry »

Comments
Total Comments: 13
  1. Old Comment
    well real aircraft have real hud that can determine where the bomb will hit ( even if its dumb ) by calculatin speed alitude etc.. we wont have these in PR =\
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hotrod525 View Comment
    well real aircraft have real hud that can determine where the bomb will hit ( even if its dumb ) by calculatin speed alitude etc.. we wont have these in PR =\
    You might be surprised how accurate you can be with them. Yesterday on my first try at dropping these I got a direct hit first time round, second time round was 5m off and 3rd and 4th times where direct hits too in a dive bomb.

Although it was on Test Airfield on the bombing target with a tank in the middle so was a lot easier to see the target than normally but still they had a good feeling to them where you could tell where they where going to drop.

Of course, a targeting computer would be nice like your mentioning but not possible afaik, possibly with a shit load of 3rd party code
  3. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MaSSive View Comment
    O.O Typo sorry it is Fantan. Happens when you type late in dark
    basket random
    We will see those one other jets not just Q5?
    Hope to see that soon.